Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Non-uniformity


I look at you, I hear your words
Much as they please you, much as it hurts

I see you feel all important
I watch you hate all that is distant
You banish those that are different
yet you call yourself a victim

I would ask you for tolerance
But I feel there is none
You have already punished me before
For being a different one

I ask you only to hear me now
I ask you not to make my decisions
I tell you not what to do with yours
I force you not to do my thinking
I do not prescribe my thoughts on you
I do not judge you for all your faults
despite being repeatedly judged by you

I choose not to ask you to give me space
I take it for I feel it is mine
I do not let you dictate terms to me
I make my own decisions
For I feel I am free.

I would raise my voice
Against such insularity
But I’m only glad to find
That there are still a precious few
Who have the courage to question
Who do not feel threatened
By non-uniformity

3 comments:

Nick said...

Interesting thoughts indeed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bathroom Mirrors and Chrome Fittings: To make chrome fixtures sparkle and shine, simply use a soft cloth dipped in alcohol to wipe clean. Polar bears in the Canadian Hudson Bay area have lost weight and are losing their fitness due to the ice breaking up two weeks earlier than usual in the spring months.
One of the hottest accessories in dog fashion right now is blingy dog collars.


Feel free to surf to my blog post; dog clothes on amazon